See on Amazon:
|This study is a companion guide for kids to “Parenting in Christ: Lessons from the Parables.” Topics from the books are aligned from week to week so parents and kids can do them at the same time and have discussions about what they are learning.
The reading level and topics have been tailored for kids ages 9 and up.
The lessons in this book look at the parables and examine the treasures within that can apply to growing up into a person who lives like Jesus did.
- Parables are age-appropriately presented and written within the text for the reader’s convenience
- The lessons and questions address issues that kids in this age group are facing or will face, especially during the teen years
- The lessons can be done as a devotional or in community, with ice breakers and questions provided.
- Each lesson comes with a challenge to live out what they’ve learned.
- By focusing on the character of Christ and kingdom of God, kids are able to work out their own faith and learn what it means to live as Christ did.
1 – The Gardener – Growing in Truth
2 – The Guest – Humility
3 – The Worker – Gratitude
4 – The Money Manager – Responsibility of Authority / Stewardship
5 – The Good Shepherd – Trust & Obedience
6 – The Unlikely Hero – Integrity
7 – The Merciful King – Perfecting Love with Mercy
8 – The Forgiving Father – Repentance & Forgiveness
9 – The Persistent Neighbor – Perseverance
10 – The Rich Fool – Finding Contentment